Monday, March 19, 2012

Three Card Night

Well, a while ago I had some fun making cards for my friends. I had a small baby gift that I made to send to my Best Friend's sister, and gifts for my best friend and another friend that I have not seen in a while.

These gifts sat on the kitchen table for quite some time while I tried to find the inspiration that I needed to make cards for them. Finally, I sat down in front of Crikey (yes, my cricut is named "Crikey") and started cutting.

The first Card was for the new mommy to be.  A simple card made from the "Just because cards" Cartridge.


Here is the gift that I sent with it. A luck bear crocheted pillow that I made.

Cute right? I thought so.

Next I made a card for her sister, my best friend. We only get to see each other about once a year. We talk frequently of course and trade hand made cards and gifts. She is the reason I got a Cricut in the first place. She had one, it was awesome, I had to have one too! I also cut the custom envelope and used my Xyron to make an owl sticker out of the envelope cutout because it turned out so cute!


For this card I used the Sentimentals cartridge and some rich purple paper. I also used my ever diminishing scrap of gold vellum paper. Nice touch, no?


And since this was a three card night, I have one more. This one turned out so adorably that I even impressed myself. It was also the first time I got to use my Country Life cricut cartridge.


It is just a one sided card. I flipped it over and wrote on the back. It is so cute though! This friend and I haven't seen each other in quite some time as we live across the country from one another, but I am glad I could make this farm girl card for her so that she knows I think about her and her family a lot.

I love that feeling when you sit in front of your cricut and the ideas just start flowing from you! I feel so productive and I get a lot of joy from making things for those that I love. We may not be close geographically but I really do have the best friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment